Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Loren Munk - l'artiste américain


Loren Munk


The artist, Loren Munk, was born in 1951 in the United States and made his artistic debut in SOHO.
He is known for his cubist paintings that "combine urban imagery with exhaustive historic research, complex systems of thinking and painterly finesse." (www.freightandvolume.com)


He was jury-selected to execute this wall mural by the Mayor's Office of Paris in 1993.



Loren Munk wall-mural
4, rue de la Gaité
75014, Paris


8 comments:

Joe said...

Gosh ... this artist is not only talented for his design but also his climbing abilities Genie.

s.c said...

You can see that he is influenced by a lot of artists.
Thank you for showing this.

William Kendall said...

Quite a visually arresting image, Genie!

James said...

This reminds me of my one and only hotel stay/rive gauche stay in Paris. This mural was just down the street from my hotel on Rue Delambre.
It brings back nice memories.

Thanks for the info about the mural!

RedPat said...

I love it, Genie!

Alexa said...

I think the jury selected the right artist. :~}

Jeanne said...

I can see why he was chosen.

Randy said...

Now that's fun.